Monday, December 30, 2013

And To All A Goodnight

I've fretted over this post. Not sure why.
      Last post of the year? I thought, "maybe I should write about semantics again because it's a topic I find extremely important and powerful." - I worried it wouldn't be good enough.
      Trying to keep a good rhythm of four posts each month? Eh, it's not a like I have a google followers; "a google" as my son would say. You know I've actually heard a number of young children lately refer to google as if it were a number, presumably a large number.
      I thought about picking a few of my favorites from this year and then highlighting them. - In the flurry of Christmas and getting ready to open the boutique, I just haven't had the time for that. On a more positive note, I have had time to clear my house of Christmas decorations! I know, that should sadden me but I really felt the weight of Christmas chaos in terms of decorations this year. I also had one of the best Christmas holidays I can remember this year! I got to see all of the family I wanted, I didn't have to miss any celebrations I desired to attend, the children were absolutely marvelous to watch opening gifts and such, the food was awesome, my eldest still believes in Santa and we all enjoyed celebrating the birth of our Savior! But... the decorations... they were just too much for me this year. I took to throwing out all of my glass ornaments because with a 15 month old and tile floors, why bother trying? I only got about half way through putting up the rest of the ornaments and didn't even touch the box of handmade's and the kids' first Christmas ones because with an almost toddler,
that looks something like this:
christmas decorating, decorating with toddlers
Next year, I'll just do this :)

Pull ornament out of box
Admire it
Put ornament on tree
Pull ornament out of box
Admire it
Put ornament on tree
Pick up ornament from the ground
Replace it on the tree
Pull ornament out of box
Admire it
Put ornament on tree
Pick up ornament from the ground
Replace it on the tree
Pick up other ornament from the ground
Replace in on the tree
Scavenge to pick up all of the ornaments suddenly dumped on the floor while the dog thinks it's play time!

Well, folks - I think I'll call this my final blog post for the year! Thanks for reading and I'll see ya next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact info

Jennifer Valencia | Labor & Postpartum Doula | 928.300.1337

Calendar

Blog Directory