Monday, January 20, 2014

Weenie!

Today when I picked up my almost seven year old from school, I learned something about one of his friends. I learned that his friend is circumcised.

How did I learn this you ask? What are these boys doing during recess? Is this a hot topic in elementary school?

Let me explain....

Usually I pack my child's lunch for school but this morning we were running a little behind. I say that like he isn't late for school at least once a week. Well, now you know the truth. So this morning I grabbed a couple snacks for his lunch pail and sent him to school with lunch money. He chose to buy a corn dog for lunch. When I picked him up from school today, I asked him what he ate for lunch and he relayed the story of himself and his peer tearing off the top [breading] of the corn dog and say 
Psst, WEENIE!



So this got me thinking.
A corn dog wouldn't be a corn dog without the breading.
What are the functions of the foreskin?
The foreskin is a normal, sensitive, functional part of the body. In infant boys, the foreskin is attached to the head of the penis (glans) and protects it from urine, feces and irritation, and keeps contaminants from entering the urinary tract. The foreskin also has an important role in sexual pleasure, due to its specialized, erogenous nerve endings and its naturally gliding and lubricating functions. 1.

1.  http://www.intactamerica.org/sites/default/files/10%20Reasons%20Not%20To%20Circumcise_0.pdf

Would you like to learn more about the foreskin and circumcision?
Classes will be held every other month at the Mother's Nest; keep an eye on the event calender for class dates and times or sign up for The Mother's Nest Newsletter.
"..because you can't make an informed decision if you're not informed."

We make many decisions on this Journey of Life. Whether our boys will remain intact or be circumcised is the first decision we make for another person - make sure your decision is an informed decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact info

Jennifer Valencia | Labor & Postpartum Doula | 928.300.1337

Calendar

Blog Directory